Saturday, January 31, 2015

KULTURSMOG ERUPTION ROCKS NORTHUMBRIA

Josh, court jester & cartoonist to sundry 
Newcastle coal barons and the odd viscount
has blown his top again:

AFTERSHOCK REPORTED :

Josh Cartoons by Josh josh@cartoonsbyjosh.com

04:59 (9 hours ago)
to seitz
Hi Russell
many thanks for linking to your version of my cartoon, very amusing ;-)

The cartoons are my copyright (see the link to my website below each cartoon) and are allowed to be reproduced on request and with my permission, which in this case was not sought nor granted. So if you can please remove the cartoon I would be grateful.

All the best

Josh
www.cartoonsbyjosh.com

Dear Josh ;

Many thanks for for your amusing note; I wish you Godspeed in  producing equally funny cartoons  in the future.

Both parody and satire  constitute copright  fair usage  in reference to any object of public controversy.

This is of course a symmetrical point of copyright law, and you do not require any permission from me  to reproduce it. 

 if  it pains you  to see my fair comment on your fair comment on the copyright work of   Compton, Bennett & Hreinsdottir  in  THE JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH 

Climate driven vertical acceleration of Icelandic crust measured by CGPS geodesy

compared to your cartoon , just ask and I'll remove the link as a courtesy, failing which you can always ask the Bish to take down the original .

Best regards to Matt

JOSH'S  COURTEOUS NOTE HAS EARNED THE ADDITION OF A RUBRIC DESIGNED TO  ASSURE THAT HE IS NEVER AGAIN ACCUSED OF BEING A CLIMATE SCIENTIST .

















  •  
  • DOI: 10.1002/2014GL062446