Friday, June 24, 2016

             BEWARE OF  THE MAN WITH  THREE  BAD HATS

Thank you, America!            / 

For my final broadcast to the nation on the eve of Britain’s Independence Day, the BBC asked me to imagine myself as one of the courtiers to whom Her Majesty had recently asked the question, “In one minute, give three reasons for your opinion on whether my United Kingdom should remain in or leave the European Union.”
CHRISTOPHER  MONCKTON
THE  SHERIFF  OF  BRENCHLINGHAM

My three reasons for departure, in strict order of precedence, were Democracy, Democracy, and Democracy...

I concluded my one-minute broadcast with these words: “Your Majesty, with my humble duty, I was born in a democracy; I do not live in one; but I am determined to die in one.”...

Viscount Monckton
of Brenchlamein

Indeed, No-way and Nixerland having already voted down the EU, Brexit may well be swiftly followed by Frexit, Grexit, Departugal, Italeave, Czechout, Oustria, Finish, Slovakuum, Latviaticum and Byebyegium. At this rate soon the only country still participating in the European tyranny-by-clerk will be Remainia.


The people have spoken. And the democratic spirit that inspired just over half the people of Britain to vote for national independence has its roots in the passionate devotion of the Founding Fathers of the United States to democracy. Our former colony showed us the way. Today, then, an even more heartfelt than usual 
                                “ God  bless  America ! ”
VISCOUNT MONCKTON,  LIVERYMAN OF THE 
WORSHIPFUL  COMPANY  OF  RESUME'  EMBROIDERERS